Customers and Users who do not agree with our policies and practices must not access or use the Subscription Service.
To provide the Subscription Site and the App, We and our Customers share personal information We collect from Users.
I. Information We Collect
We collect information from Customers and Users when they use the Subscription Service, contact or interact with us, and voluntarily provide us with their comments and other content in connection with using the Subscription Service, including through use of their cameras, locations, and photos. Such information may include, but is not limited to, username, password, exact geolocation, first name, last name, telephone number, email address, profile picture, message contents, incident information, information related to assignment to teams and participation in incidents and incident management, and information sufficient to operate the Next of Kin Center, whereby relatives of a Customer or User may contact the Center for information germane to a Customer or User involved in an incident.
Customers and Users may use some portions of the Subscription Service without providing any personal information, though We automatically collect certain information regarding each user of the Subscription Service, including:
- Contact information, which may include, without limitation, name, email address, phone number, country of residence, current employer or company affiliation, and additional information that Customers or Users provide when they interact with us or the Subscription Service.
- Data that may be derived from interactions with us or the Subscription Service (including, without limitation, support tickets, questions, phone conversations, feedback, submitted emails, submitted forms, signed agreements, and any other content related to our services or operations that you provide to us).
- Technical Data, which may include without limitation information about the software (operating system, browser), the settings (display resolution, time zone, language preferences), the internet connection (IP address, bandwidth, latency, location) and the device (device type) used while accessing our services or website.
Interactivity Data, which may include, without limitation, information about the actions performed while interacting with our services or website (logins and logouts, form submissions, API calls, etc.), site navigation (menu choices, URLs visited), and usage patterns (timing, mouse activity).
Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
We may collect information about Customers and Users from third-party sources.
- Rayvn Customers. We receive information from Rayvn Customers. Customers are responsible for managing and operating the Platform Website and the App on behalf of their organization, and We may receive User personal information in connection with Users’ use of the Subscription Site and the App.
- Twilio is a communications company that Rayvn uses to facilitate text messaging and other communication services between Customers and their recipients for alert purposes. Further information related to the Twilio platform, including how messages are sent, is available through Twilio’s website. In using the Subscription Service, Twilio may collect information about Customer and User communications. For more information on how Twilio collects data, please visit the following:
- https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy/developer, and
II. How We Use Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which it was provided;
- To provide information and services, including event and incident response team notifications and messaging, operations dashboard, and next-of-kin communication;
- To contact Customers, Users, and their recipients for the purposes of managing a critical event and incident, assigning tasks, and monitoring responses;
- To locate Users when a situation occurs and share relevant information;
- To process and respond to inquiries and comments;
- To display relevant advertising;
- To administer, operate, and improve the Subscription Service;
- To personalize and enhance Customer and User experience using the Subscription Service;
- To send periodic emails. If email recipients choose, the email address they provide may be used to send them occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time email recipients would like to unsubscribe from receiving future commercial emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Subscription Service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Subscription Service;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Subscription Service and to otherwise protect Customers, Users, and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
III. How Information is Disclosed
- Rayvn Customers. We share information with our Customers. Customers are responsible for managing and operating the Subscription Site and the App on behalf of their organization, and We may disclose User personal information in connection with their use of the Subscription Site and the App.
- Twilio is a communications company that Rayvn uses to facilitate text messaging and other communication services between Customers, Users, and their recipients for alert purposes. These relate to messages providing notifications of incidents. Further information related to the Twilio platform, including how messages are sent, is available through Twilio’s website. In using the Subscription Service, Twilio may collect telephone numbers, IP addresses, device tokens, device location, and information related to communications (including content, date, time, duration, and type of communication). For more information on how Twilio collects data, please visit https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy,https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy/developer, and https://www.twilio.com/legal/tos#our_use.
B. Advertisers. We may share information with advertisers for use in their advertising and marketing.
C. Customer Administrators. Customer Administrators have access to all User information entered through the Subscription Site and the App. Group administrators and log managers may also have access to certain logs, users, teams, groups, and sites.
D. Other Users. The primary purpose of Rayvn is to facilitate team-based event management and incident response. We may share information related to or posted by Users pursuant to their engagement with an active log feed with other Users or Customers of the Subscription Site and the App.
E. Emergency Responders. When a Customer creates an emergency responder outside of the Customer’s organization as a User, such emergency responder may view information posted by Customers and Users.
F. Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer information related to Customers and Users to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
H. Investigations and Law. We may disclose information to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, our rights, reputation, safety, and property or that of others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
I. Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to Customers and Users with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any Customer or User.
K. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Customers and Users can instruct their devices to stop accepting cookies. But, if they do not accept cookies, they may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Subscription Service.
- Persistent cookies remain on the Customer’s or User’s device until they have either been deleted or expire.
- Session cookies disappear from the Customer’s or User’s device when they close the App.
Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) are data files that can be created on a Customer’s or User’s device by the websites or apps they visit, and are a way for websites or apps to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of a Customer’s or User’s device from ordinary browser cookies. Customers and Users can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. Customers and Users can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We may deliver advertisements to Customers and Users. We may work with third-party advertising companies that help deliver these advertisements. To learn more about third-party online advertising and to opt out of certain types of advertising, please see http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!%2F. Note that clearing cookies from a device will remove the above opt-outs because they are stored in cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Customers’ and Users’ personal information when they enter, submit, or access their personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information Customers and Users submit via the Subscription Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Subscription Service may not be secure. Customers and Users should use caution whenever submitting information through the Subscription Service and take special care in deciding with which information they provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Customer or User personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER OR USER INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Subscription Service is stored and processed in the United States.
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Customer or User information for as long as they use the Subscription Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Customer or User information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Subscription Service to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Websites or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Customers and Users have choices regarding the use of information by the Subscription Service.
- Changing Information – For Customers or Users who wish to change their information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or as provided in their applicable Agreement with us.
- Closing An Account – Subject to any applicable Agreement with us, Customers and Users may close their account by contacting us at email@example.com, or as provided in their applicable Agreement with us. If the email account associated with an individual Customer’s or User’s email address is not active, We may close the account without notice.
VIII. Information Collected from Other Websites
and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
A Customer’s or User’s browser or device may offer a “Do Not Track” option, which allows Customers or Users to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that they do not wish such operators to track certain of their online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Subscription Service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Customers’ or Users’ online activity both during and after their use of the Subscription Service.
Our Subscription Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. An individual under the age of 13 must not submit any personal information through the Subscription Service. If a Customer or User has reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XI. How to Contact Us